Sunday 16 October 2011

-rather sophomoric


There's a folly on the curved street in one 
Of your famous villages
It stands...never becoming more archaic

I sauntered and it saw 
I was more obsolete
It saw that I was no longer valid

Its own lifelessness rose above my eyes
Mocking my hackneyed existence
That folly could never be insecure...

Existence not of virtue
Nor of compassion
Not of greatness

But of an indelible stain from a rotting 
And moving flesh of the most undesirable
Word my tongue has ever tasted

//The folly stands still, old and proud.//

Its gaze is riveting
I could not look away
The old fashioned warm lamps from its windows 

Flicker showing off the spectre 
Claiming its transcedental emergence 
To my very soul

Passing in a light exposing my incompleteness
And I remain immovable in the pivot
Of the unsatisfying happenings of my days.

I see now
It feeds...

No comments:

Post a Comment